Occupy whatever the fuck you want
People need to just learn how to use their god damn money.
I’m just going to list out this shit to give you an idea:
- I am in my 5th year of college. I have received zero help from my parents. My “Scholarship” paid for 700$ of my 2,600$ Tuition. I pay a car payment, car insurance, rent, food and whatever else life throws at me.
- I work roughly 25 hours a week doing shit that requires some background knowledge so I didn’t get started at minimum wage. When you spend 10 years with your hands in a computer, you would understand the amount of stuff you have to know to respond to many of the problems I encounter everyday. 14$ An hour. Thus I make roughly 1,100$ a month, which is 13,200$ a year after taxes. This does not include the side work I do which I make roughly 30-40$ an hour but only rarely.
- I own roughly 5,000$ in magic cards, a 1,200$ Tri Bike, 800$ mountain bike. 3,700$ for the water cooled piece of art I created 2 years ago, a 1,100$ LCD TV, 2,400$ in Camera equipment, my 4 year old laptop was 1,800$ at one point.
- I invested in my first stock at the age of 19. My portfolio started at 560$ and is now roughly 7,200$ which changes every day.
Now this may all come off as “I’m an arrogant self centered piece of shit”. Think what you will, my point is merely that you can have whatever you want. I work my ass off, and spend my money wisely. Instead of spending money on things that depreciate in value, buy stuff that keeps a value. Technology (aside from camera’s) are one of the worst things to purchase for resale value. The magic cards I own consistently fluctuate in value, and I have definitely made money on them over the years. Keep your stuff in good condition, take care of the things you own. Then you wont have to spend stuff on useless shit because the stuff you already own is still functioning. I know far too many people that buy useless stuff because they simply want to spend their money. Or simply that their last phone broke, or something stopped working because they don’t take care of their stuff. Don’t drive your car like it’s trying to travel through time, stop letting your cat sit on your laptop, buy a nice case for your camera. TAKE CARE OF THE STUFF YOU ALREADY OWN.
Now I’m not saying there isn’t something wrong with today’s world. Yes I agree that there are jobs out there that have to be done, and typically don’t get paid enough to get by. I also think tuition is too high, or at least the changes to how much it costs to attend college. It’s getting harder and harder to afford it, but I don’t think it’s part of my argument.
My point is, sitting around in the street with signs and shit isn’t going to change enough. I’m surprised those people can afford to just sit around and do nothing considering they don’t make “enough” money in the first place. Get off your ass, go make something of yourself and change things that way. Start a company that pays extremely well to even the “little” people. Change the structure of a common business. DO SOMETHING besides complain about the choices you have made in life.
Those people that have worked their ass off knowing they won’t get very much for their job descriptions are those that deserve more. Not this 99% bull shit. The average starting salary when I graduate is roughly 80,000$ a year. Yes, that’s fucking ridiculous. But do they need electrical engineers more than teachers? No. of course not. If I could give part of my salary to hard working teachers I would. That is merely one case though. How do you fix all the other cases? I don’t know.
What I do know is these hipster college kids protesting are fucking stupid.
32 Notes/ Hide
- ameliapondsfaerietale reblogged this from demplz and added:
- culturerevo likes this
- katgenius likes this
- lulzpup likes this
- kissofmoonlight likes this
- haaaveyoumetlauren likes this
- exttmatm reblogged this from demplz
- exttmatm likes this
- ameliapondsfaerietale likes this
- g-y-p-s-y-s-o-u-l likes this
- se-smith likes this
- serialcomma likes this
- bryger reblogged this from demplz and added:
- bryger said: I agree completely, I’ve tried to reblog this but it won’t let me. I read it out loud to my roommate. I mean, who likes Rick Scott? No one, but sitting on the road won’t do shit. I can’t get over how you put everything I was thinking into words.
- northernflow reblogged this from demplz
- northernflow likes this
- tragedorable likes this
- tanalilt reblogged this from demplz and added:
- rhymeswithnothing reblogged this from thebowtierambler and added:
- saxelrad likes this
- theycallmemiketaylor reblogged this from thebowtierambler
- theycallmemiketaylor likes this
- thebowtierambler reblogged this from demplz and added:
- demplz likes this
- echodrones reblogged this from demplz and added:
- echodrones likes this
- scriptor likes this
- tttttatiana likes this
- ambertampon likes this
- demplz posted this